Friends Book Sales
Friends Book Sales are New Orleans’ best kept secret for great used books, music and movies at low prices. All sales support local public libraries. Choose from more than 10,000 great books every week. Follow the Friends on Facebook, Twitter, Yelp, and Instagram to see our latest stock.
Both our Carriage House Bookshop and the Book Sale at Algiers Regional Branch Library are staffed by dedicated volunteers from Friends of the New Orleans Public Library. Profits from every book sold go to supporting library programs like early literacy training for children in need, scholarships for hardworking librarians, large print books for the elderly and many other vital programs.
You can invest in our public libraries by shopping Friends Book Sales:
- Algiers Regional Branch Library, 3014 Holiday Drive, 70131
- Saturdays 10 am – 2 pm OPEN
- Marsalis Harmony Park Arts Market, S. Carrollton & S. Claiborne Ave – RE-OPENING Saturday, October 29, 2022!
- Last Saturday of each month, 10 am – 4 pm
- The Carriage House Bookshop, behind the Latter Library, 5120 St. Charles Avenue
- Wednesday, Thursday and Saturday, 10 am – 2 pm – OPEN
- Shop for great books and other items in our Online Bookstore
- Donate books or volunteer with us